Source: Cambridge IELTS 11, Test 1 – Reading, Passage 2, Questions 20 – 26
Strategies & Tips:
- Read the instruction => check the word limit
- Look at the diagram to see what it is about in general => main idea
- Notice the title/ heading of the diagram and the labels that are provided.
- Predict what kind of information is needed to fill the gap (words or numbers, noun/ verb/ adj, etc)
- Scan the title to locate the chunks of text
- Scan to find the sentences that contain the provided labels/ their synonyms/ paraphrases
- The answers may not always follow the order of the passage.
- Take words directly and exactly from the text. Don’t change the word form whatsoever.
- Double check your spelling
- Make sure that your answers are grammatically correct AND meet the word limit.