Source: Cambridge IELTS 12, Test 8 – Listening, Section 3, Questions 25 – 30
- Read the question at the top to understand the nature of the matching
- The questions will be discussed in the order they are listed, while the options are mentioned in any order.
- The number of options is almost always higher than that of the questions, meaning there will be at least one option that you do not need to use.
- Read through the options to ensure you understand them all
- Compare and contrast the options so that you can spot similar options and notice their differences
- Underline key words in each option and think of possible synonyms or paraphrases
- Listen carefully and match the options with the questions as you go
- Jot down key words (right next to the questions) while you are listening. This should help because you have some notes to rely on to filter your choices, especially when you cannot decide on which option to choose as you listen.