Source: Cambridge IELTS 11, Test 3 – Reading, Passage 2, Questions 19 – 22
Strategies & Tips:
- Read the instruction => check if any option can be used more than once
- Start with the questions by underlining their key words.
- Try to predict the answer: which word type (noun, verb, adjective, etc.) should be included? Should the first half statements be followed by a phrase or a clause?
- Scan for the underlined key words/ synonyms/ paraphrases in the text.
- Read the sentence with the paraphrased key words as well as the sentences around it carefully.
- Read each of the options and choose the one that best reflects the information in the text. Remember that the option may be paraphrased.
- Make sure the sentence is grammatically correct once the two parts are joined.
- The correct combination should correctly paraphrase specific information in the passage.